Sunday, October 14, 2012

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

I know it has been forever since I last posted, but it has been crazy around our house! You can look at my personal blog to see a little bit of what as been going on, mostly good things of course. For my penance, I am bringing you this recipe. It will not disappoint. I hope you can forgive my 3 week hiatus.

With my faith in enchiladas restored (see this post for details), I decided to be brave and try a recipe with a different twist. Not only were these successful, they were also super tasty. The honey/lime combinatin does wonderful things to the palate.


I am so glad that I may have figured out how to make enchiladas. Life really is better when you can make them at home!

Recipe:
Yield: 4-6 Servings
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
8-10 flour tortillas
16 oz Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
16 oz green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream
Mix the first four ingredients and add to a ziploc bag along with the chicken. Put the bag in the fridge and let it marinate for 1/2 hour -24 hours.
Pour 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Take the chicken out of the marinade, but save any that you have left. Putting in the baking dish as you go, fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and shredded cheese, reserving about 1 cup to sprinkle on top. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce, marinade, and heavy cream together and pour over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until brown and crispy on top. 

Source: adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment