Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

Never underestimate the power of a cookie.


The last couple months I have been so focused on making all sorts of fancy deserts that I haven't made a simple batch of cookies (that we have kept). Yesterday I bought a Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie from the cafeteria at work. It. Was. Divine. I had to have more. Unfortunately, my lunch break had already reached an end. When I told Hunter about how yummy my cookie was, he was practically drooling. On my way home I stopped and bought some macadamia nuts so more of these cookies could become a reality in my life as soon as possible. 


They did not disappoint. Hunter profusely thanked me for making such wonderful cookies. I reiterate my point: do not underestimate the power of a cookie. Sometimes it hits the spot when no other dessert can, no matter how fancy. 

Recipe:
Yield: about 30 cookies

2 cups plus 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 

Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside. Mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in the egg and egg yolk and vanilla until combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat as low speed just until combined. Add the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.

Roll a scan half-cup dough into a ball and pull apart into two halves. Place on cookie sheet, jagged edge down. Bake on prepare cookie sheets 10-14 minutes, rotating cooking sheets halfway through. Cookies will be a light golden brown, the outer edges will start to harden, but the center will still be soft and puffy. 

Source: slightly adapted from Annie's Eats

Comments

Popular Posts