Chocolate Ice Cream Shell

This chocolate ice cream shell takes me back to the days at the good old Dairy Freeze - my high school place of employment. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I dipped ice cream cones or made chocolate chip shakes with the magical melted chocolate that instantly hardened when it touched the ice cream.


It always seemed so mysterious and I never even dreamed that this could be made at home. That is until I saw this recipe on Food Gawker. I was beyond excited at the prospect.


And who knew that this would probably be the easiest recipe I have posted to date on this blog? Seriously  if you have 5 minutes - or even less - this will make your ice cream eating experience so much better. My chocolate ice cream loving husband has been eating vanilla or cookie dough ice cream with this instead of the normal chocolate. We have had an unopened carton of chocolate ice cream in our freezer for a full week - which has to be a new record.

Recipe:

7 oz chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil

Melt the chocolate in a small metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or a double broiler). When it is all melted, add in the coconut oil and stir until smooth.

Pour over your ice cream and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts