Monterey Chicken

Anything that gets the response "this is one of the best things you have made" is a keeper in my book. That was my husband's response when I fed him this for dinner. I served it with Scalloped Hasselback Potatoes, just for a complete reference to that response. As it happens, I liked this a lot as well. It will definitely be something that is made again.


Chalk another point up to Pinterest. As much as I fought against signing up, I am glad my sister convinced me. It has helped me in more areas than just the kitchen.


Anyway, if you need a yummy idea for Sunday dinner (or any other day of the week really) don't count this out. It is bursting with flavor and sure to please.

Recipe:
Yield: 4 servings

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were massive so I cut 2 in half and it worked perfectly)
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained (canned with green chilies added)
1/4 cup bacon bits
1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
sliced green onions
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts to flatten. Season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until no long pink (I just used a frying pan on the stove, but an actual grill would add another wonderful element I am sure) and place on baking sheet covered with foil. Top each chicken breast with one tbsp bbq, 1/4 cup tomatoes, one tbsp of bacon bits, green onions, 1/4 cup cheese. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).

Source: slightly adapted from All Things Simple, found on Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts