Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie

Recently I have seriously upped my running habits (re: Ragnar Training). One side effect that I have really noticed is that I crave healthier foods. My desire for fast food is almost completely gone - almost being the important word - and I want funny things like protein shakes. I have made this with both raspberries and banana and I think I prefer the raspberry, although the banana is yummy. It's yummy and healthy and makes a great breakfast or recovery shake after a long run.


Recipe:
Yield: 1 big smoothie

1/2 Cup Oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup milk (I have used both regular and coconut milk with much success)
1 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp honey
1/2 banana or 1/4-1/2 cup other fruit of your choice (raspberries are also delightful)
Optional: 1-2 tbsp protein powder

Put the oats, chia seeds, and milk in a cup and allow to sit in the fridge overnight, or for at least 8 hours. Dump the contents of the cup in a blender or food processor and add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until well mixed with no big chunks.

Pour back in your cup and enjoy!

Comments

  1. This looks so tasty! I can't wait to try it. I love a good smoothie in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts