Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes

Remember the list of recipes I was talking about my husband compiling? This one was right close to the top. And I am glad it was. We don't eat a ton of ground beef - not for any particular reason except maybe that I usually substitute it out for Italian Sausage - so this was a nice break from the norm for us. And steak sauce? I almost forgot how much I love that stuff! I grew up eating it fairly regularly so this was not only a delicious meal but also a very nostalgic one. 


One of my good friends started a Food Storage Blog - a practical one that everyone can appreciate. It is a really neat concept - how you can use what you have in your cupboards everyday for food storage. Not only that, but how you can rotate it out successfully without having to eat strange, out of the ordinary things. The exciting part? She asked me to co-author! This recipe is my second post. You all should head over and check that blog out! It will help keep your cupboards rotated and your dinners tasty!

Now, onto our recipe. Enjoy!

Recipe:
Yield: 4-6 servings

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup Steak sauce
1 cube beef bullion
1 cup water
Provolone Cheese, sliced
Hamburger buns

Turn the oven to broil. 

Cook the beef over medium-high heat. Once fully cooked, add the onion and pepper and saute for 3 more minutes. Add the steak sauce and beef broth. Let simmer until sauce thickens slightly. 

Put a slice of provolone in one side of the bun and butter the other side. Place on a pan and put in the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the bun starts to get toasty. 

Put a scoop of the meat mixture on one side of the bun, drizzle with a little more steak sauce, and top it with the other. 

Source: adapted from Six Sister's Stuff

Comments

Popular Posts