Aztec Chicken

When Hunter and I were engaged and deciding where we were going to live it was tough. If we both stayed working where we currently were then odds were that we would both be commuting 30-45 minutes. Not a good situation. I was lucky and ended up getting a job working for a boss I had worked for previously and was in a much better location. Now my commute is 15 minutes and his is 30. Much better.


Anyway, the reason I tell this story is that when I left the job I was currently at (which I loved and the only reason I was leaving was for convenience) it was a bittersweet experience. We had a going away party on one of my last days and my manager provided the main dish, which was this Aztec Chicken. To say it was a hit was an understatement. It. Was. So. Good. I think everyone there that day got the recipe from him. This is also one of the few things I could cook when we first got married because it also happens to be super easy. Thank you Rusty for helping me to feed my husband as a newlywed and providing an easy meal now that I actually know what I am doing.

Recipe:
Yield: 6-8 servings

2 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 bag frozen corn
1 cup salsa
4-5 chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
Garlic, to taste
Cumin, to taste
8 oz. Cream cheese

Put all the ingredients except the cream cheese in a crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8. Stir in the cream cheese right before serving. Serve over rice or tortilla chips. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts