Fish cooked in Parchment Paper

This meal might have been my favorite fish dish to date. I loved every single bite and didn't even let a drop of the juices go to waste. This is big for me because usually it is a struggle to get through even a small fish fillet. Perhaps the best part about this recipe is that it is super adaptable and I'm pretty sure next time I will do it completely differently - maybe cauliflower and orange instead of asparagus and lemon.

This recipe makes much more sense if I break it down step by step.

First, your ingredients:
2 fish fillets - whatever size and type of fish you like. I used salmon and did a little one and a big one for my fish loving husband.
1 bunch asparagus (or other vegetable of your choice)
1 lemon, thinly sliced
Fresh herb of your choice
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
Pepper
Butter, thinly sliced
Parchment Paper


And now for our recipe:

Cut yourself two pretty good sized hearts from the parchment paper. Think elementary school style where you fold it over and cut both halves at once.


Open the heart up and put some asparagus on one side. Top it with a few thin slices of butter and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Next, put your fish fillet on top of your vegetable. Put a few more slices of butter and sprinkle again with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.


Top with the herb of your choice. I used basil because I have an abundance due to my very productive basil plant.


Next, fold over the other half of your heart and twist the ends closed. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until the fish is completely cooked. The fish can be left wrapped in the parchment paper for up to 4 hours before baking.


Unwrap and enjoy! Don't forget to enjoy all the yummy juices produced in the cooking process. I served our with couscous, which was delightful and a perfect medium to absorb the flavor in the juices.



Source: adapted from The Novice Chef Blog

Comments

Popular Posts