Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

The first time I ever had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream I was sorely disappointed. You mean they can put a few tiny chunks of cookie dough into a vanilla ice cream base and that is acceptable? As I grew up, I slowly adjusted thinking paradigm to match the world's and grew to expect this. But mostly I just avoided cookie dough ice cream because really, it's the cookie dough part that I am after.


Imagine my excitement when I saw a recipe for frozen yogurt (close enough to ice cream to count in my book - don't tell my husband I said that) that was actually cookie dough. I made it the very next day. It was just as satisfying as eating a handful of cookie dough except that it is socially acceptable for me to put in a bowl and eat with a spoon along with my husband and his heaping bowl of chocolate ice cream. Rock. On.
Recipe:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla yogurt (I used greek but could definitely taste the tang. I'm sure it would work just as well using normal yogurt)

Blend together the butter and sugars until well mixed. Add vanilla and mix until combined.

In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips to this mixture and combine.

Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir gently. Add the yogurt and stir until combined. Place in an airtight container and place in the freezer. Freeze until set, at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.

Source: adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod on Tasty Kitchen

Comments

Popular Posts