Easy Yeast Rolls

This recipe comes to me from my Father - in - Law. I was skeptical when I first read through it, but decided to trust his judgement and tried it anyway.

 

My verdict: these were the easiest rolls I have ever made. Seriously. They are probably even easier than pulling store bought rolls out of the freezer and allowing them to rise before cooking.


I did have a couple moments of concern throughout the recipe, but pressed on, and it worked out. I'm going to alert you to those concerns so you don't panic partway in. The dough is reeeealllly runny. 1) This doesn't look like your standard yeast dough. 2) Don't worry about filling the muffin cups full. They won't spill everywhere, but will rise the perfect amount.

No one will have any idea that the tasty rolls you made took a total of 20 minutes from start to finish. It's a wonderful thing.

Recipe:
Yield: 12-16 rolls

2 cups very warm water
1 tbsp dry active yeast
3/4 cups butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Once dissolved, add the rest of the ingredients in and mix well. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Spoon into a well greased muffin tin, filling the cups almost full, and bake for 10-15 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts