Turkey Chili

One of my favorite meals is Chili. It is so warm, and comforting, and oh, so good. I could eat chili weekly and never get sick of it. My husband on the other hand, could never eat chili and not think a single thing of it. I made chili shortly after we got married (before I really put much effort into cooking) and had a heavy hand with the cayenne pepper. It must have scarred him because ever since then, every time I suggest chili for dinner he cringes and I die a little inside. 


Imagine my surprise when earlier this fall while at a PA School interview he called and told me he had some chili for dinner that he LOVED. What?!? Lucky for me, he was staying with my best friend and her husband so the recipe was easily passed on. Thank you, Emily, for feeding my husband chili that he will not only eat, but thoroughly enjoy. Our lives have been forever changed. 

Recipe:
Yield: 6-8 servings

2 lbs ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 4 oz. cans diced green chilies
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp white vinegar
3 tbsp yellow mustard
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cilantro
Cheese and sour cream for topping (optional)

Add the turkey, onions, and garlic powder to a large pot and brown. Once the meat is cooked through, add all remaining ingredients except the cilantro and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes then add cilantro. Serve topped with cheese and sour cream if desired. 

Source: adapted from Jamie Eason's Livefit Recipes

Comments

Popular Posts