Proscuitto Wrapped Chicken

Sometimes when we get bored in our house, we watch random things on TV. One such example was right before Christmas when we ended up watching the Rachel Ray show - it was her count down of the top 10 recipes from 2012. My husband loves anything wrapped in bacon or anything like bacon (ie: prosciutto).

It took me a couple months to actually find prosciutto at our local grocery store (granted, I didn't try super hard and once I did I found it that day - look around where they slice the meat, fyi). This was the first thing I made once I found it and I have bought it multiple times since.

This was another recipe that was very well received. I've been on a roll lately. haha. Hopefully your family loves this as much as my husband did!

Recipe:
Yield: 4 servings

4 small chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp dried parsley (or 1 tbsp fresh, chopped)
1/2 tbsp dried basil (or a few leaves fresh)
1 tsp dried thyme
4 thin slices prosciutto
1 tbsp olive oil

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Butterfly and pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thickness. Season inside with salt and pepper.

Stir the ricotta, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, basil, and thyme together in a small bowl. Divide into 4 and put on the prepared chicken breasts. Wrap the breasts up so the stuffing is completely covered. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each breast, covering as much as possible.

Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the prosciutto wrapped chicken and brown all edges, about a minute per side. Transfer to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, until cooked completely through.

Source: adapted from Rachel Ray

Comments

Popular Posts