Salmon with Grapefruit Avocado Salsa

This is another recipe that comes from my Christmas Present - Weeknight Fast and Fresh. I made this after 12 hours at work and an hour and a half at the gym. I definitely didn't want to spend more time than I had to in the kitchen. I was tired and wanted food. 


We looooved this meal. The tartness of the grapefruit was nicely countered by the creaminess of the avocado and the salmon was super tasty. I served it over rice pilaf, which accompanied it perfectly. 


It looks pretty too, no? Aesthetically pleasing food is always a bonus.


One last thing - this recipe is designed to feed two people, which works perfectly for my husband and me. It could also be easily doubled or tripled to feed more. 

Recipe:
Yield: 2 servings

1 lb Salmon Fillet
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Large Grapefruit
Avocado, diced
Large Jalapeno, diced
3 tbsp freeze dried minced Red Onion
2 tbsp fresh, minced Cilantro
Juice of 1 lime

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the fish on a baking pan, brush with olive oil, and generously sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Bake until cooked through, 20-25 minutes.

Peel and slice the grapefruit, removing as much of the white pith as possible and cut into 1/2 inch segments. Put the grapefruit segments in a small bowl. Add the avocado, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir to combine.

Spoon salsa over the cooked fish and enjoy!

Source: Adapted from Williams Sonoma's Weeknight Fast and Fresh

Comments

Popular Posts