Bacon Corn Hash


I am a big breakfast person, as I am sure I have mentioned before. However; I usually lie on the sweet side of things. Every once in a while I want something savory, but not usually. A couple days ago Hunter requested a good breakfast and after much contemplation, this is what I decided on.

Another one of my breakfast habits is that I almost always need ketchup with any form of hashbrowns or eggs. As such, I pulled out the ketchup and took it with us to the table, but we didn't need it at all. It sat there untouched. The corn in this dish really takes it to a whole different level. It. Is. So. Good. Trust me on this one. You will not be disappointed.

Recipe:
Yield: 2-3 servings

1 1/2 cup corn kernels
4-6 slices of bacon
1 Potato
1 Jalapeno, diced
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Cube the potato and boil for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet. Once the bacon is fully cooked, move to a plate with paper towels and absorb some of the grease. Dice the bacon. When the potatoes are done boiling, place in the skillet with the bacon grease and allow to cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes WITHOUT turning. Once allotted time has passed, flip the potatoes over and cook for a similar amount of time on the other side. Then add the corn, jalapeno, bacon, and spices. Cook until everything is heated through.

Source: adapted from The Novice Chef Blog

Comments

Popular Posts