Waffles

I have never been a huge fan of pancakes, but I have always had a soft spot for waffles. On Sunday mornings at work, we regularly have a pot luck style breakfast. It almost always includes waffles. Since I was in charge of the waffle batter last week, this is what I brought. I was confident it would go over well, and it definitely did. My husband also happens to love this version of the waffle. We have eaten it many times and I am sure we will many more times.


Side note: I am sure these would go well with syrup as well, but I am not a syrup type of girl. I much prefer my waffles with fruit and whip cream.


Side note #2: this recipe doesn't make very many waffles, so if you are feeding more than 2 or 3 it will definitely need to be doubled.

Recipe:

3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tbsp vinegar, let sit 5 minutes)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 tsp vanilla

In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Whisk together to blend. In another mixing bowl, combine the milk, buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingreidnets and whisk just until incorporated and few lumps remain. Set aside to rest for 30 minutes.

Preheat a waffle iron. Fill and cook according to manufacturer's directions.

Source: slightly adapted from Annie's Eats

Comments

Popular Posts