Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

Pinterest isn't my favorite thing ever. The website just seems cluttered to me and I have yet to catch the bug. However, a couple things that have happened recently are changing my mind about it.

1. The iPhone app. It is a much better way for me to explore and I actually want to check it almost daily. I have even created a few new boards and at least doubled the amount of pins I have.

2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. I would never have found these without pinterest. And for that, I am forever indebted.


Two of my favorite things ever are cookie dough and brownies. Whoever decided to put them together is a genius. These are SOOO GOOD! I could seriously eat the whole pan myself. In one day. I have to exercise serious self control with these little guys. Yes, eating two at a time is self control. I just want to keep going back for more. 


These moved right to the top of my favorite deserts ever list. Oh, and the cookie dough is egg free so you can eat all you want without the risk of raw eggs. Score. Not that that ever slows my cookie dough consumption down...

Make these. Your life will be forever changed in a good way. I promise. 

Recipe:
Yield: 24 brownies

For the brownies:
4 oz chocolate, finely chopped (I used semi-sweet)
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour

For the Cookie Dough:
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Brownies:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13" pan with foil, leaving some hanging over all four sides. Grease the foil. 

In a double broiler with simmering water, melt the chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add in the melted chocolate until combined. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour until just combined being careful not to overmix. Spread the batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.

Cookies:

In a medium bowl, combine the butter and both sugars. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix in the flour until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. 

Spread the cookie dough over the cooled brownies. Refrigerate about an hour or until the dough is firm. Cut the brownies using a knife or pizza cutter (how I do it). Brownies can be stored at cool room temperature or in the fridge. 

Source: slightly adapted from The Brown Eyed Baker, originally from Recipe Girl

Comments

Popular Posts