Pie Crust

I'm going to be completely honest...I have never actually made a pie. However; I have made various things that require pie crust. As such, I find it important to include this recipe on my blog. Maybe it will be helpful to you too!


It's really not that hard to make and shouldn't scare you away. I made this recipe before I had a food processor and I have never owned a pastry cutter. Sooo, don't be afraid if you don't have fancy tools. Its easy and tastes yummy, yummy!

Recipe:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold and cut into pieces
1/2 cup crisco
1/2 cup very cold water

Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter (or food processor, or two forks, or your hands if that works better - that's what I used pre food processor), cut the flour and crisco into the flour mixture until the mixture is coarse and the largest pieces of butter are no bigger than small peas. Stir in the water and mix gently until the dough has come together in a cohesive ball and all of the dry ingredients have been moistened. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge or freezer for at least 1 hour.

Cook according to your recipe directions and enjoy!

Source: a mixture from Annie's Eats and Pioneer Woman and my own musings

Comments

Popular Posts